A contract is in place with Access Information Management to provide off-site records storage. Rates have been negotiated through 2017.
Refer to the user guide for detailed information on using the vendor's web portal. All boxes sent off-site, and requests for retrieval, must be done through FileBRIDGE. Users cannot send or retrieve boxes by completing paperwork or submitting requests via email, fax, or phone call.
Contact the Records Manager for assistance using FileBRIDGE.
Purchase boxes that:
- Are one cubic-foot size, with 15" x 12" x 10" internal dimensions
- Are heavy duty, allowing them to hold 50 pounds
- Have double-wall construction with a removable top and handholds cut into each end
- Are interlocking with no staples or tape required for set up
Boxes can be purchased from Staples through Emory Express.
All records placed in a box must belong to same records series and be eligible for destruction at the same time. Leave about one inch of space so files can be easily removed and replaced. The box cannot bulge, and lids must fit correctly. Do not place records in hanging file folders within the box and do not send damaged boxes, such as those that are crushed or have ripped handles.
Apply the vendor's box barcodes to a 12" side of the box, in the bottom right-hand corner, approximately 1" from the bottom and 1" from the side.
Complete and submit the New Account Setup Form to the Records Manager. The Records Manager will review the form for completeness, verify that there is not an existing account for the department, then submit the completed form to Access. You must provide a purchasing card (p-card) for automatic monthly billing.
The department/division head and primary contact listed on the form will be issued login credentials for FlieBRIDGE. Additional users may be authorized by completing and submitting the Client Authorization Form.
The Records Manager will submit the completed form to Access. Access Client Care will contact you when an account is created and provided a user name and password for FileBRIDGE.
- Access can provide each department with a destruction eligibly report monthly or quarterly. To receive a report, users must have an account in FileBRIDGE and indicate a Retention Review Date on all boxes.
- Request a Destruction Eligibility Report from Access. Indicate the frequency and account for which the report should be run.
- The account holder will review the list and authorize destruction. The account holder is responsible for verifying that no records are required to be held due to audit, investigation, or litigation.
- Access will notify the department when destruction is complete. The notification, eligibility report, and a completed Destruction Certificate should be forwarded to the Records Manager.