A contract is in place with Access Information Management to provide off-site records storage. Rates have been negotiated through 2017.
Refer to the user guide for detailed information on using the vendor's web portal. All boxes sent off-site, and requests for retrieval, must be done through FileBRIDGE. Users cannot send or retrieve boxes by email or phone.
Contact the Records Manager for assistance using FileBRIDGE.
Purchase boxes that:
- Are one cubic-foot size, with 15" x 12" x 10" internal dimensions
- Are heavy duty, allowing them to hold 50 pounds
- Have double-wall construction with a removable top and handholds cut into each end
- Are interlocking with no staples or tape required for set up
Boxes can be purchased from Staples through Emory Express.
All records placed in a box must belong to same records series and be eligible for destruction at the same time. Leave about one inch of space so files can be easily removed and replaced. The box cannot bulge, and lids must fit correctly. Do not place records in hanging file folders within the box and do not send damaged boxes, such as those that are crushed or have ripped handles.
Apply the vendor's box barcodes to a 12" side of the box, in the bottom right-hand corner, approximately 1" from the bottom and 1" from the side.
Limit the number of people with access to the smallest amount practical for business purposes. Notify the Records Manager when employees depart to have their access revoked.
All box requests must be placed through FileBridge.
Requests are automatically processed for standard delivery. To request faster delivery, email a copy of the work order to Client Care.
- Standard: Orders placed by 3pm will be delivered by 5pm the next day.
- Same Day: Orders placed by 11am will be delivered by 5pm the same day.
- Rush: Orders placed before 3pm will be delivered within 3 hours. Orders placed after 3pm will be delivered by 10am the next day.
Refer to the rate schedule for fees.